You got me
January 8, 2009
Kara tagged me and since I am a blog delinquent with sporadic internet at home, facing my first endterm evaluation, and am not sure really where I was during the holidays, it took me a little while but here are my 8 random things:
1. I never really publicly admitted it until about the age of 24, but my first name is Jessica. The only person in my life who has ever called me that is my family doctor back home in Vancouver. I’ve always gone by my middle name and considered eradicating the other from all legal documents but I’m too lazy and tried to get my parents to pay for it because it was their fault in the first place.
2. I weirdly know a lot about cars. Perhaps it comes from my Porsche-nerd father. Personal favourites include the first generation Honda Civic and the Citroën DS.
3. At the age of 26, I have operated an automobile for a total of 3 hours. Oh the irony.
4. I am a very slow, precise eater. When I was a kid I was always the last left eating at the table, sometimes alone for hours. Now I have to speed it up or my boyfriend will eat it all.
5. I don’t really want to get married. The idea of planning a wedding freaks me out.
6. I’m constantly adding to my list of things to do before 30. Includes learn to surf, perfect my French, move around as much as possible, make some money, learn how to drive, learn some functional Dutch (not sure how serious I am about the last one), and so forth.
7. I often buy two of the same item of clothing but in different colours. There was an episode of Peanuts where Sally or Lucy opens up her closet to reveal a whole rack of the same dress. Loves it.
8. I’m a bath-addict -could take two a day. My soul craves Japanese onsen and neighborhood ofuroyasan (bathhouses). In Holland almost no dwellings but family homes have bathtubs and it pains me so.